Part Time PET (Planning Environment and Transportation) Officer
The position is available for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstances and performance.
Marlow Town Council is a Consultee to the principal planning authority WDC (Wycombe District Council)
Duties for the MTC PET/ Planning Officer role will be:
· Prepare and distribute notices, agendas and presentations for the three weekly PET meetings working with the PET Chairman
· Ensure timely and accurate feedback to WDC with all consultee comments
· Attend the three weekly PET meetings (commencing at 7.15pm)
· Arrange and conduct site visits prior to PET meetings where thought appropriate
· Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide advice to the MTC Planning Environment and Transport Committee (PET) and guidance to queries received by MTC on Planning matters
· Investigate possible breaches in planning control and advise WDC
· Educated to Degree level
· At least 2 years' experience as a Local Government Planning Officer
· Eligibility to work in the UK
· Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Public Access
This is a part time position of approximately 8 hours per week; attendance at PET meetings is fixed timing (normally a Tuesday at 7.15 pm, for approximately 90 minutes every three weeks). The other hours can be worked flexibly by agreement with the Town Clerk.
For further enquiries or to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to the Town Clerk, Annie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th November 2016.